Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's a Blog

Well, I decided to create a blog. I feel like I know a good amount about (and love) nutrition a fitness, so I figure why not write about it here and there. Who knows, maybe I'll even make a YouTube channel for this stuff in the future. (Not like I have not made ones in the past on music and video games...just Google it.) I will admit first and foremost that I am not a great writer, but I spend hours each day learning and reading about nutrition and fitness, particularly nutrition.

I will try my best not to be boring. I'd love to talk about a variety of topics that interest me in addition to health and fitness. I have been running for the past seven years, and coach my fellow long distance running teammates, so I might post some things about that too.

Another fun fact is that I had a minor eating disorder in the winter and spring of 2010, I like to call it my almost accidentally anorexic phase. I was severely under eating while running about 75 miles a week for six months, leading to a slew of negative effects, most notably weakness and depression. In the interest of laziness, I link to a guest post I left on Primal Toad's website. Primal Toad's website with my guest post (Man check out that frail body). I will write more of this later, I'll leave it that coming out of this stage lead me to a primal/paleo lifestyle that greatly improved my health and running.

Another thing about running, while I do it for my team, I would not do it for exercise. I would just do it for fun. More on that later too I guess.

Maybe its a good time to mention that I majored in history and have no interest in it at all. I shunned the dietetics major due to my refusal to sit and listen to conventional wisdom's view on nutrition. Oh man, I should have majored in Fitness and Exercise Science, I hear they don't teach much nutrition there. Does the major matter anyway? 

Anyway, hope I stirred the pot for better posts in the future. Just having fun with this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment